While there is a growing trend among singles to have s*x before marriage and we are bombarded with movies, novels normalizing sex before marriage, there are still some people who choose not to engage in pre-marital s*x. Whether it has to do with religioius belief or just personal preference, these people just choose abstinence.
Here, we listed down 10 celebrities who vowed to stay virgins until they get married.
1. Iya Villania – she once said that she believes a person should not practice pre-marital s*x.
“I don’t look down upon other girls who practice it. It doesn’t make them less of a person. But personally, I do believe that one should not practice pre-marital s*x,” Drew Arellano’s wife said.
2. Toni Gonzaga – the famous Kapamilya host thinks that love should prevail over lust.
“Ako kasi, ang paniniwala ko, at saka kung paano rin ako pinalaki, I think that love should be greater than your lust for each other,” Toni mentioned.
3. Yeng Constantino – the Rock Star Princess, who is also known for being a devoted Christian, honors marriage over s*x.
“There’s no pre-marital s*x. Gano’n talaga. No to pre-marital s*x, iyan ‘yung clear na, ‘no to it’. Kasi we want to honor marriage,” the singer announced.
4. Nikki Gil – the former Coke commercial star clarified that it was her choice to stay as a virgin.
“Nobody told me to stay a virgin, or because I’m stuck-up prude na holy-holy. It’s my choice. If s*x is something I value, (Ganoon talaga)!” the singer proclaimed.
5. Rocco Nacino – well, sorry for the girls, but this Kapuso heartthrob is a conservative one.
“Conservative ang pananaw ko sa bagay na ‘yan, it has to be traditional. It’s a no, not yet,” the actor stated.
6. Kim Chiu – the Chinita Princess, is very vocal that she had never done s*x.
“I do not believe in pre-marital s*x at ni minsan di ko pa ginawa yan,” the ‘Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin’ star claimed.
7. Janine Tugonon – the Binibining Pilipinas Universe 2012 still believes that the feeling will still be different if she will have s*x only after getting married.
“For me, marriage is sacred. Nagyon kasi, parang nagiging norm na lang eh, sa tao. ‘Come on, let’s do it.’ Pero iba pa rin siguro yung pakiramdam pag ginawa mo siya after getting married,” the beauty queen remarked.
8. Robi Domingo – the Kapamilya host professed that s*x for him is sacramental.
“For me, it’s sacramental eh. you do it with the one you love yung makakasama mo habang buhay,” the host noted.
9. Megan Young – for the Miss World 2013, s*x is a sign if your partner values the relationship.
“Sex is for marriage. That’s my belief. You say no. If they try to push you, you stay away because that person doesn’t value you and the relationship as much,” Lauren Young’s sister voiced out.
10. Sarah Geronimo – the Pop Star Princess is indeed very lucky to have a man who is willing to wait with her until after they get married.
“I appreciate na he understands my views on it, and he agrees with me naman. That’s why we believe in waiting until after marriage,” declared the total performer.
Watch this video for the full list:
How about you? Let us know what your views in pre-marital s*x are in the comment section below!